Grenade Trigger Pouch – Data Sheet
- The Grenade Trigger Pouch has two patents in the USA (US 8523030 US 8651347) and around the globe.
- The Grenade Trigger Pouch was under development for 3 years with the full co-operation of the Israeli special ops unit YAMMAM.
- The Grenade Trigger Pouch provides safe and quick action for all types of grenades for the operative in the field (carrying and deploying).
- The Grenade Trigger Pouch provides the operative with a significant advantage in comparison to a traditional pouch, allowing the operative to deploy and through the grenade in a quick and safe manner when required.
- Fragmentation grenades often have different locking systems, which take precious seconds to remove.
- When in battle, there is little or no time to extract a fragmentation grenade, let alone to release all the locks. Soldiers have on occasion thrown grenades that they have deployed, without removing all the safety locks.
- The Trigger Pouch has several safety mechanisms some of which are parallel to the safety systems that are on the fragmentation grenades.
Documents & Standards
- The Grenade Trigger Pouch was development with and is manufactured for us by “Aran Research, development & Prototypes ltd”.
- The Grenade Trigger Pouch id made of a composite of plastics made by Polyram.
- The Grenade Trigger Pouch has springs manufactured by Nordia Springs.
- The IDF is carrying out a technical experiment for the following standards:
- ASTM D256 – ISO180,
- ASTM D638 – ISO527,
- ASTM D570 – ISO62,
- ASTM D792 – ISO1183 – MIL-STD810G
- All components of the Grenade Trigger Pouch are manufactured in Israel by factories with international Standards.
- The Raw material for the Grenade Trigger Pouch is ROHS Plustik by Polyram & has a compliant UV stabilized additive, UL-94 level HB (this is the same material used to manufacture the Tavor rifels).
- Springs are stainless steel and coated for anti rust CDP black 8-50 (coating ACC wabco JED 232.5) and are durable to the following temperatures 22-158 f, and are UV UV stabilized additive.
|Flashbang Nico by Rheinmeta||113 grams||134X69X63||PA 6 +30% GF (Nylon 6 + 30% glass fibers)|
|Flashbang||130 grams||161X69X67||PA 6 +30% GF (Nylon 6 + 30% glass fibers)|
|Frag straight back M26 and M67||145 grams||128x84x83||PA 6 +30% GF (Nylon 6 + 30% glass fibers)|
|Frag ergonomic /angled back M26 and M67||142 grams||128x90x83||PA 6 +30% GF (Nylon 6 + 30% glass fibers)|
The Grenade Trigger Pouch provides many advantages in comparison to a tradition pouch:
- Cuts the extraction time of a grenade by six.
- Deployment of the grenade (being able to extract the grenade) in a safe and quick manner without wasting precious time.
- The Trigger Pouch allows the operative to extract a grenade in a one hand action, while keeping eyes on the target and one hand on the operatives’ weapon (a traditional pouch requires a two-handed action).
- Left & Right-handed action.
- Continuous eye contact with target (with a conventional pouch the operative will most times need to look at what he is doing).
- Quick deployment/extraction with gloved hands and without the need to look.
- Safer than traditional pouches.